Initial reports suggested he had agreed to a new two-deal with Barca.
The 34-year-old told Barcelona last year he wanted to leave but opted to remain.
TOP STORY – MESSI BEING EYED BY DUO
Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City are both monitoring Lionel Messi‘s transfer position after becoming a free agent, according to the front page of Tuesday’s Mundo Deportivo.
Messi’s Barcelona contract expired on June 30, but he has been widely expected to re-sign with the LaLiga giants, who need to manage their finances.
However, with Messi still unattached, Ligue 1 powerhouse PSG and Premier League champions City are continuing to eye the six-time Ballon d’Or winner.
– ESPN reports Sergio Ramos, fresh from his Real Madrid exit, will have a medical with Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday and join as a free agent.
– Juventus remain interested in signing France international midfielder Paul Pogba from Manchester United, according to 90min.
– Marca reports United are leading the race to sign Rennes teenager Eduardo Camavinga, ahead of Madrid and PSG.
– City may still turn to Barca forward Antoine Griezmann, if they fail to land Tottenham’s Harry Kane, claims Mundo Deportivo. City have also been linked with Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland and Inter star Romelu Lukaku.
– New Tottenham boss Nuno Espirito Santo is interested in signing Benfica’s Haris Seferovic reports the Mirror. Benfica are looking to sell the Swiss striker.
– Fabrizio Romano claims Juventus have not initiated any move for Barcelona’s Miralem Pjanic despite links of a return to his former club. Juve continue to be linked with Sassuolo’s Manuel Locatelli, who is also reportedly wanted by Arsenal.
Send Your Stories to email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp: 0576270779